BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese
Deadline for 2019/20 competition: March 1, 2020
To help promote the study of Chinese language and culture in British Columbia, the British Columbia Ministry of Education and the Education Office of the Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Vancouver have partnered to jointly fund scholarship awards for B.C. students.
The BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese offers up to fifty (50) $500 Awards for B.C. students studying Chinese. Each Award is jointly funded by the B.C. Ministry of Education ($250) and the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver ($250).
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Ordinarily reside in British Columbia
- Be school-age (not older than 19 years of age by June 30, 2020)
- Be enrolled as a full-time Grade 12 student at a public or independent school in British Columbia
- Have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 11 level in British Columbia with a minimum course grade of 86 % – course completion attained through challenge, equivalency or other course credit is not eligible
- Be enrolled in or have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 12 level
- Have attained a grade of 73% and above in all completed Grade 11 courses
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted by school administration. Students cannot apply directly.
School administrators should consult the International Education Scholarships and Awards Application Portal for directions. Application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted through the portal by March 1, 2020.