Passport to Education Program

The Passport to Education program is now phased out.  

Students who have already received Passport to Education stamps will continue to be able to redeem them toward tuition at their designated post-secondary institution until the expiry date stated on the stamps.

Redeem a Passport

You have up to five years from September 30th of your high school graduation year to redeem your Passport to Education award by attending a designated college, university, or career training school.

Once you are registered at a designated post-secondary institution  (i.e. approved for Canada Student Loans by B.C.), or an authorized trades training provider in B.C. and have paid tuition equal to or greater than the amount of the award, you can either:

  1. Redeem your award directly from the Ministry of Education.
    Submit the redemption form along with required documentation (PDF)
  2. Use it to help cover tuition by presenting it at your designated post-secondary institution when paying fees.

Learn more about how to redeem your Passport to Education.

Lost or Damaged Passports

Contact your high school immediately if you think that your Passport award has been lost or damaged.

To request a replacement, your high school will complete the following form and send it along with your $25 payment (payable by cheque to the Minister of Finance, money order, Visa, MasterCard or American Express) to the Ministry of Education for processing.

Your high school will then receive a formal letter from the Ministry which you will need to pick up. This is the replacement for your lost Passport award and can be redeemed by returning it to the Ministry along with proof of registration and proof of tuition fees paid.

Expired Passports

Passport to Education stamps are scheduled to expire five years from September 30th of a student’s expected graduation year from high school. Expiry dates are marked on the stamps. The Ministry of Education cannot redeem or extend the expiry dates of expired Passport to Education stamps.

Record of Issues Stamps List - For Schools Only