Graduation Program Examinations Scholarships
This scholarship is being phased out. The final allocation will be to high school graduates in the 2015/16 school year.
For the 2015/16 school year 5,020 B.C. high school graduates who have received the highest provincial exam scores in Grades 10-12 are eligible to receive scholarship vouchers to use towards their post-secondary tuition.
Students do not apply for this scholarship.
A student will receive a $1250 scholarship if the student:
- Meets basic eligibility requirements
- Fulfills the B.C. graduation requirements of either the 2004 Graduation Program or the Adult Graduation Program
- Meets all the following requirements:
- Writes and passes one exam in each of five (5) provincial exam categories from grades 10 – 12.
- Achieves at least a "B" (73% or above) final mark (provincial exam and school mark combined) in one of the Language Arts 12 (Communications 12, English 12, Français langue premiere 12, or English 12 First Peoples).
- Must have a final course mark (course and exam combined) for the provincial exam to be counted towards scholarship
- Ranks among the top 5000 Grade 12 students in B.C. (based on their percentage score) on all five provincial exams.
A student will receive a $2500 scholarship if the student meets all these requirements and ranks among the top 20 Grade 12 students in B.C.
The Ministry will determine recipients based on students’ percentage scores on all five provincial exams.
Collection of Personal Information
For the purpose of processing Graduation Program Examinations Scholarships, students’ personal information will be collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 26(c). Students’ personal information is used for the purpose of verifying eligibility, selecting successful candidates, and processing the scholarship payment.
Questions regarding the collection of personal information can be emailed to the Ministry of Education contact listed below:
Nicole Couture, Director
Education Program Delivery
PO Box 9886 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9T6