Basic Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Provincial Scholarships Program, you:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant) at the time of registration in the school year for which the scholarship is awarded
- Must be a B.C. resident.
- In the school year for which the scholarship is awarded, you must be or have been:
- Enrolled in a British Columbia public school (including Distributed Learning schools), or
- Enrolled in a Group 1, 2, or 4 British Columbia Independent School, or
- Enrolled in a Continuing Education Centre, or
- Registered with a public, independent, or distributed learning school in B.C. as a homeschooled child
In addition, recipients must meet the selection criteria for each scholarship. Detailed information on eligibility criteria and application process for each scholarship is available in the Handbook of Procedures for the Graduation Program (PDF).
Students may qualify for scholarships only for the school year in which they graduate.