Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award
Deadline for 2017/18 Intake: November 30, 2017
The Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award supports B.C. teachers to develop new partnerships or strengthen existing partnerships with schools and teachers abroad for the purpose of facilitating more student exchange opportunities and for professional development.
For the 2017/18 administration, additional countries of eligibility have been added. Please see the Eligible Countries description below.
There are 9 awards available with each award valued at $5,000.
Applications must have the support of their public or independent school. Each public/independent school may only support one (1) application for the Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible to apply for the Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award:
- be a B.C.-certified teacher;
- have a position and continuing contract (or equivalent) at a B.C. public or independent school;
- be destined for a country included in the Eligible Country Categories (below);
- have the support of the school’s principal; and,
- propose a program with a relationship-building component (i.e., strengthening relationships with a foreign education partner for the purpose of facilitating or enhancing future student and cultural exchange)
- OR -
propose a program with a clearly-articulated professional development aim for building intercultural skills, with a post-activity plan for knowledge dissemination upon return.
|Eligible Country Categories|
|a) MOU Partners||China, France, Italy, Japan, Spain|
|b) Recent MOU-Signing Partner||Colombia|
Definition: Countries that are not traditionally strong sources of international students studying in B.C., or countries in which school-to-school relationships are less common.
Purpose: Engaging with these countries contributes to diversity for international education programs, fosters new relationships for B.C. school districts, and increases opportunities for B.C. students to develop their intercultural skills and diversity awareness.
Application Process: Applicants interested in applying under the “other” category are required to provide a one (1) paragraph justification for how the destination country aligns with the intended purpose (above).
Public school applications
- The school’s principal or teacher applicant must forward the completed application to the school district head of international education.
- The school district head of international education must then submit the application package directly to British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE).
Independent school applications
- The school’s principal or teacher applicant must submit the completed application directly to BCCIE.
NOTE: Late or incomplete submission packages will not be considered