International Education Scholarships and Awards
The Ministry of Education provides international education scholarships and awards to:
- promote the development of intercultural knowledge and skills for B.C. students and teachers, and
- develop and strengthen relationships with foreign partners.
For the 2017/18 school year, the following scholarships and awards are available. More information on the scholarships and awards, as well as application/nomination forms, is available through the following links:
- Student Exchange and Mobility Award (Updated for 2017/18 application)
- Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award (Updated for 2017/18 application)
- International Student Ambassador Scholarships for K-12 Entry and for Post-Secondary Entry (2017-18 nominations updated in December 2017)
- BC-China Award of Excellence for the Study of Chinese (2017-18 nominations updated in December 2017)
The British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE) administers the scholarships and awards on behalf of the Ministry of Education. BCCIE receives applications and nominations, participates in the adjudication process, and distributes funding to successful recipients.
The scholarships and awards are administered taking regional considerations into account.