Professional Development Opportunities for French Educators
It is crucial for educators to have access to ongoing opportunities to further their skills and knowledge and to learn from each other. Enhance your instructional abilities through a variety of courses, programs, conferences and other opportunities designed specifically for educators working in French programs.
There are many opportunities for B.C. educators to attend courses, conferences and education programs to improve their academic and linguistic competencies in French.
In British Columbia:
University of British Columbia (UBC):
Summer institutes and language programs (Level: Beginner to Intermediate/Advanced)
- UBC Extended learning Language Programs—French
- UBC Extended Learning French Summer Institutes at UBC - Watch the promotional video
- Faculty of Education Summer Institute—Institut de français, UBC à Québec
- Séjour UBC
Two-year part-time graduate program (Level: Intermediate/fluency in French required)
- MEd in Modern Languages Education for teachers in Francophone, French Immersion, intensive French and Core French programs
University of Victoria:
For more information, contact UVCS.Languages@uvic.ca.
Simon Fraser University:
For more information, contact email@example.com.
In Nova Scotia:
- UBC Extended Learning French Summer Institute—Institut de français à UBC
- Université de Québec à Montréal (UQÀM):
- Université de Montréal:
- Université Laval
University of Ottawa:
Other organizations offering professional development opportunities for French educators include:
- Association canadienne d’éducation de langue française (ACELF)—offers professional development training for teachers
- Canadian Association of Immersion Professionals (CAIP)
- Association provinciale des professeurs d’immersion et du programme francophone de Colombie-Britannique (APPIPC)
- BC Association of Teachers of Modern Languages (BCATML)
- BC Language Coordination Association (BCLCA)
- BC Teachers’ Federation (BCTF)
- Canadian Education Exchange Foundation (CEEF)—offers interprovincial (including New Brunswick) and international (including France and Switzerland) exchanges for teachers
- L'Istorlet—offers a linguistic session for FSL teachers