Rural Education Enhancement Fund (REEF)
The Rural Education Enhancement Fund (REEF) recognizes the importance of preserving schools in small rural communities. School districts may apply for REEF funding if their schools are at risk of closure and meet the eligibility criteria.
- A rural community outside Greater Victoria, the Lower Mainland, and Kelowna areas with a population less than 15,000 and where isolation creates demonstrable challenges;
- The potential school closure would leave the community with no school;
- Funding is used to keep the school open;
- Closures where the primary driver is facility condition are not included; and
- Closure would have a detrimental educational impact on students and/or social/economic impact on the community.
The deadline for receiving new 2019/2020 applications is now closed.
Current REEF funding may be found in these tables (PDF).