Safe & Healthy Schools
Last updated: July 29, 2020
B.C. schools work to develop positive and welcoming cultures and are committed to providing good environments for learning.
Schools work to prevent problems through community building, fostering respect, inclusion, fairness and equity. Each school:
- Sets, communicates and reinforces clear expectations of acceptable conduct
- Teaches, models and encourages socially responsible behaviour
- Works to solve problems peacefully
- Places high value on diversity and defending human rights
Handling Medical Conditions, Reactions & Pandemics
Utilizing the mandated policies in place helps maximize the nutritional daily standards for students. Find out how to offer healthy food and drink options for selling or vending at your school.
Guidelines at a Glance Brochure:
- Guidelines for Food & Beverage Sales in B.C. Schools At-a-Glance (PDF)
- Lignes Directrices Sur La Vente D’aliments Et De Boissons Dans Les Écoles De La C.-B. Version abrégée (PDF)
Complete Guidelines for Food and Drink Sales:
erase is all about building safe and caring school communities. This includes empowering students, parents, educators and the community partners who support them to get help with challenges, report concerns to schools, and learn about complex issues facing students