Data Entry Guidelines and Acceptable Documentation
We are encouraging all schools to obtain a copy of legal documentation as issued in Canada upon the registration of a new student. Only under special circumstances will a foreign legal document be accepted.
- Guidelines for the Acceptable Use of Names, Date of Birth and Sex (Gender)
- Tips for Understanding Legal Documents
- PEN Data Entry Questions and Answers
The following list represents documentation that the Ministry will accept in order to change/update student demographic information. Please fax the student(s) document(s) along with their Personal Education Number to (250) 953-0450.
- Vital Statistics Documentation
- Court Orders
B.C. Identification Card
BC Services Card
(Photo version only)
Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Citizenship
Passport or Visa
Documents Issued by Immigration Canada