Distributed learning increases student access, choice and flexibility for study outside of classroom schedules.
- Standards for K-12 Distance Learning in B.C. (PDF)
- Standards for Digital Learning Content in B.C. (PDF)
- School District Learning Agreement (PDF)
- Independent School Distributed Learning Agreement (PDF)
- Schedule A Sample - Standards for Delivery of K-12 Independent School Distributed Learning in British Columbia (PDF)
- Third Party Services and Resources - Guidelines for Independent School Authorities Operating Distributed Learning Programs (PDF)
Distributed Learning Satisfaction Survey: A survey about each student’s distributed learning experience. Survey data is used to help schools improve delivery.
Quality reviews: Observations and findings from planned site inspections of distributed learning schools are used to improve the quality of learning – specifically in areas of program completion, achievement, student choice and satisfaction.
- Learner success based on achievement data, provincial exam data, Foundation Skills Assessment results, satisfaction surveys, district and school-level data such as standard tests, reports and observations of B.C.’s Performance Standards for Learners
- Instructional practice based on distributed learning standards, research on emerging instructional practice, staff experience and training, integration/use of educational technologies, strategies for supporting learner engagement and learning materials
- Leadership practice measured using parent, student and staff input, school planning results and School Act-required structures and processes such as the Parents’ Advisory Council and School Planning Council
- An annual internal review by distributed learning school staff done as part of regular school planning, before the external review
- An external review by a review team composed of Ministry of Education staff, retired and active distributed learning educators – the team completes a site visit and then produces a report with observations on school operations and practices and recommendations on ways to improve their school.
- A follow-up conversation with the distributed learning school and district staff regarding immediate items
- A post-quality review report by the school principal on changes made to the program in response to the external review team’s recommendations