Career and Skills Training
We are making improvements to this information. Ministry staff are reviewing the content, and new information will be available in the Fall of 2019. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promote career and skills training for students – offer hands-on learning experiences, facilitate on-the-job training opportunities and partner with organizations that offer career and trades programs.
A Career Zone is a group of courses, certifications and work opportunities that B.C. high schools can develop to help students in Grades 11 and 12 get ready to pursue a career within a particular industry, while still meeting provincial requirements for graduation.
Read our Guides for:
- Arts & Entertainment (PDF)
- Aviation & Aerospace (PDF)
- Construction (PDF, 5.0MB)
- Energy, Oil and Gas (PDF, 12MB)
- Health (PDF, 24.5MB)
- Information and Communication Technology (PDF, 10MB)
- Marine (PDF)
- Mining (PDF, 6.3MB)
- Sustainable Forestry and Forest Products (PDF)
- Tourism and Hospitality (PDF, 20.0 MB)
Adult students can apply for credit towards graduation based on the trades training they’ve completed in order to earn a Red Seal Certificate (or equivalent).