Apply for an Early Childhood Educator or Assistant Certificate

Applying for the first time? Complete the appropriate application along with all supporting documents required.

Each application form provides the mailing address and a list of required documents – which may include things like:

  • A certified true copy of your credential (a photocopy of the original signed by a bank official, notary public, government employee, school principal or doctor)
  • An official copy of your transcripts from the institution you attended
  • Proof of practicum or work experience

Application Forms & Requirements

Apply to be an early childhood educator assistant by showing proof of completing an early childhood education course in child guidance, child health, safety and nutrition or child development in the last five years.

Use this form:

Apply to be an early childhood educator by showing proof of:

  • Graduation from a basic ECE program recognized in B.C. AND
  • 500 hours of work experience under the supervision of a Canadian-certified ECE

Use these forms:

Apply to be an early childhood educator without 500 hours of supervised work experience by showing proof of graduation from a recognized basic and/or post-basic ECE program (the One-Year ECE Certificate allows a person to act in the position of a fully-certified ECE while working towards their 500 hours – it can only be renewed once).

Use this form:

Education From Outside of B.C.

If you have Education from another Canadian Province or Territory, or from a Country outside Canada, the Education from Outside BC link will provide you with information on  how to apply, the different types of application, and the materials you will need to submit with your application.