Find additional ways to support your young child’s learning and growth:
- Guiding children’s behaviour (PDF)
Practical information for caregivers interested in positive approaches to supporting their child’s behaviour
- Let's Play: Activities for Families
These are activities and tips to support children to become lifelong learners. A number of adaptations for children of all levels and abilities are described, or you can adapt as you need to.
A few suggestions:
- Allow your child’s interests to be your guide
- Ask questions about your child’s choices and talk about or ask open ended questions (how or why?) about what each of you are doing as you play
- If your child asks for help, restate the problem and ask your child how they think the problem could be solved before offering solutions
- Give children time to think and respond to questions or to make choices
Above all, play and have fun!
- Set 1 Let’s Play, Engagement (PDF)
- Set 2 Let’s Play, Communication(PDF)
- Set 3 Let’s Play, Identities (PDF)
- Set 4 Let’s Play, Well-Being (PDF)
We would like to thank the Let’s Play Working Group consisting of Child Health BC, YMCA of Greater Vancouver, and the BC Association for Child Development & Intervention for their contributions to this document