Employment Practices Liability Program
The Employment Practices Liability Program, effective July 1, 2015, provides a coverage agreement for employment and labour matters and access to a litigation pool. The program goals are to:
- Achieve economies of scale on legal costs
- Improve coordination of employment and labour issues
- Ensure employment / labour issues are litigated in the most cost-effective way
- Minimize duplication of legal services
- Increase the predictability of costing for school districts
The B.C. Public School Employers' Association (BCPSEA) will administer the program and provide services directly to school districts.