Graduation Information for Administrators
Help your students achieve their goals by offering a variety of options for completing secondary school.
The Handbook of Procedures for the Graduation Program (“the Handbook”), provides information about assessments and examinations, transcripts and the sharing of data between schools and the Ministry of Education.
Information in the Handbook will be updated throughout the year. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of the Handbook.
Students can use the StudentTranscripts service to:
- View or order their secondary school transcript
- Send their secondary school transcripts to post-secondary institutions
- Order graduation certificate
- View scholarships
- View their provincial exam or graduation assessment results
Transcript Verification Reports
It’s important to confirm whether Grade 12 students are eligible for graduation – use the Transcript Verification Reports (TVRs) to confirm the courses they’ve completed (or are currently enrolled in).
School Completion Certificate Program (SCCP) Reporting
All students receiving the School Completion Certificate Program credential (Evergreen Certificate) will be issued transcripts showing all successfully-completed credit and non-credit courses from Grades 10, 11 and 12.
This mandatory program helps prepare students for life after high school. All B.C. secondary school students in Grades 10, 11 and 12 are given the responsibility of planning and preparing for their education, career and life goals. Some learning objectives include:
- Personal Health - maintain a personal health plan and participate in at least 150 minutes per week of moderate to vigorous physical activity.
- Community Connections - participate in at least 30 hours of work experience and/or community service and describe what was learned.
- Career and Life - complete a transition plan and present significant accomplishments.
More detailed information is available in the program guide:
- Graduation Transitions Program Guide (PDF)
- Guide du programme Transition vers l'après-secondaire (PDF)
Adult students can apply for credit towards graduation based on the trades training they’ve completed in order to earn a Red Seal Certificate (or equivalent). Adult students can apply for credit towards graduation based on the trades training they’ve completed in order to earn a Red Seal Certificate (or equivalent).
The Graduation ListServ is an electronic forum used for discussion among educators about graduation policies and practice.