Career and Skills Training
Promote career and skills training for students – offer hands-on learning experiences, facilitate on-the-job training opportunities and partner with organizations that offer career and trades programs.
A Career Zone is a group of courses, certifications and work opportunities that B.C. high schools can develop to help students in Grades 11 and 12 get ready to pursue a career within a particular industry, while still meeting provincial requirements for graduation.
Read our Guides for:
- Arts & Entertainment (PDF)
- Aviation & Aerospace (PDF)
- Construction (PDF, 5.0MB)
- Energy, Oil and Gas (PDF, 12MB)
- Health (PDF, 24.5MB)
- Information and Communication Technology (PDF, 10MB)
- Marine (PDF)
- Mining (PDF, 6.3MB)
- Sustainable Forestry and Forest Products (PDF)
- Tourism and Hospitality (PDF, 20.0 MB)
Adult students can apply for credit towards graduation based on the trades training they’ve completed in order to earn a Red Seal Certificate (or equivalent).