Coastal Resource Map Viewer
The Coastal Resource Map Viewer provides maps with Coastal Resource Information Management System (CRIMS) data layers for biological resources, marine industries, shoreline types, and expected shoreline habitats for use in coastal planning and marine response activities.
Coastal and marine biological resources include:
- Eelgrass & kelp
- Fish bearing rivers & fishing areas
- Bird distribution
These maps are provided as a quick reference for locating coastal resources in B.C. However, they are not meant to be a replacement for the source data provided by CRIMS. Users performing marine response activities should always refer to the source databases for more detailed information.
How to Use
- Open the Coastal Resource Map Viewer tool.
- Zoom in to your selected area.
- Click on a map marker. A pop-up box will display a list of resource types.
- Click the link for the resource type you wish to see. This will open a PDF map or list of maps.