What's New with the B.C. Route Planner
June 11, 2019
- Version 2.0 release
- Route Planner 2.0 is backward compatible with Route Planner 1.x.
- You can specify a departure data and time.
- You now have the option of ensuring your route starts and ends on the correct side of the road. The is useful when making deliveries or pickups on a two-way street.
- See the Route Planner 2.0 Release Notes for a full list of enhancements.
June 19, 2018
- Version 1.5.1 release
- Route directions are no longer double-quoted.
- The Route Planner now supports turn restrictions. Any time-period constraints (e.g., 4:00 – 6:30 PM) are ignored. For now, we have turned off turn restrictions until we have confirmed the quality of the turn-restriction data in the DRA.
April 24, 2018
- Version 1.5 release
- Maintenance release with no changes to the API
January 14, 2018
- Version 1.4 release
- Now supports optimal ordering of stops
- Allows more stops in a given route request by adding HTTP POST support
- Improved performance of nearest location by road; from finding nearest of 160 locations to a given point in four minutes to finding nearest of 2,000 locations to a given point in one-third of one second.
- Improved handling of non-existent routes; returns a routeFound flag instead of an error message
- Travel time now added to each leg of route directions
March 17, 2016
- Version 1 released
- Computes the shortest or fastest route between start and end points and returns the route, distance, time, and directions.