What's New with the BC Route Planner
May 1, 2020
- BC Route Planner version 2.1.3 released.
- Truck resources now have default for followTruckRoute set to true.
- Bug fixes.
March 31, 2020
- BC Route Planner version 2.1 released.
- Backward compatible with version 2.0.
- Partitioning of the best route is now supported, e.g., supporting styling ferry and non-ferry or truck vs. non-truck route segments.
- Truck routes are more compliant with municipal bylaws in the Greater Vancouver area.
- A "Global distortion field" directs trucks toward more major roads and a "local distortion field" steers trucks away from specific, less suitable, roads.
- Road network topology and navigation data (including turn-restrictions, one-ways, truck routes, and vehicle height and weight restrictions) in the Greater Vancouver area are greatly improved thanks to contributions by Translink and GeoBC. Turn restriction parameter is now available for use.
- See the 2.1 release notes for more details.
June 11, 2019
- BC Route Planner version 2.0 released.
- Backward compatible with version 1.x.
- Specifying departure date and time is now supported.
- Optional parameter available to ensure your route starts and ends on the correct side of the road, e.g., for deliveries or pickups on a two-way street.
- See the 2.0 release notes for more details.
June 19, 2018
- BC Route Planner version 1.5.1 released
- Route directions are no longer double-quoted.
- Turn restrictions are now supported, however this feature is disabled until the quality of the source data is confirmed to support it.
April 24, 2018
- BC Route Planner version 1.5 released.
- Performance improvements.
January 14, 2018
- BC Route Planner version 1.4 released.
- Optimal order of stops is now supported.
- Allows more stops in a given route request by adding HTTP POST support.
- Significantly improved performance of "nearest location by road"; from minutes to milliseconds.
- Improved handling of non-existent routes; returns a "routeFound" flag instead of an error message.
- In route directions, travel time is output for each leg.
March 17, 2016
- BC Route Planner version 1 released.
- Computes the shortest or fastest route between start and end points and returns the route, distance, time, and directions.