BC Public Service Corporate Values
The BC Public Service has one overarching corporate value—Integrity—and six core corporate values: Curiosity, Service, Passion, Teamwork, Accountability and Courage.
These principles describe the qualities we value in our colleagues and in our organization. They were chosen after consultation and discussion across government.
Integrity is placed above all the other values as a quality that affirms the Standards of Conduct for the BC Public Service.
Integrity, curiosity, service, passion, teamwork, accountability and courage shape our culture and help
- Foster practices that build a positive work culture
- Establish a single employer identity
- Define shared expectations
- Maintain consistency of management practices
- Improve organizational performance
Corporate values guide recruitment, orientation, training, performance coaching and recognition. They must be considered when rating an employee's performance.