How to Apply for a GCPE Job

Apply for a job in Government Communications & Public Engagement (GCPE) through ongoing, profile based inventories or through BC Public Service job postings, depending on the position.

Positions in Communications, Writing, and Marketing

GCPE maintains inventories for a variety of communications positions to fill regular and short-term opportunities.

Create a profile to be considered for future job opportunities.

Applicants are reviewed on a regular basis, tested, and are considered for opportunities when positions need to be filled.

For more assistance with this profile process, review the government communications job application guide.

Positions in Web Development, Service Design and Citizen Engagement

GCPE posts job opportunities for people passionate about improving how citizens find information on government programs, policies and services. 

Create a profile for BC Public Service job postings and set up job search agents to inform you of positions via email as they become available.

For more assistance with the application process, review the MyHR Application Process guide.


To work in the BC Public Service, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or authorized in writing to work in Canada under the federal Immigration Act. For more information on obtaining a work visa in Canada, go to