Apply for a Position
Are You Eligible to Apply?
Before you apply for a position, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. All positions in the BC Public Service require that applicants are at least 15 years old and eligible to work in Canada. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or authorized in writing to work in Canada under the federal Immigration Act. Eligibility to work in Canada is granted through citizenship, permanent resident status or a work permit. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to accept a permanent job offer (unless stated otherwise in the posting). If you have a valid work permit, you may be eligible for temporary work but only until your work permit expires or is renewed. For information on obtaining a work permit or to check the status of your eligibility to work in Canada, go to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Current BC Public Service employees
- In-service status (eligible to apply for internal positions)
- You are eligible for transfer or demotion as per Article 12.1(e) of the BCGEU master agreement (two-year obligation at your current geographic location)
- You meet any geographic or other restriction or requirement
- You have your supervisor's approval when applying for temporary appointments
Current auxiliary employees who have worked in excess of 30 days (210 hours) are recognized as in-service applicants and are eligible to apply for internal positions.
Submit Your Profile
For jobs you are interested in and qualified, update your online profile and click ‘Submit your Resume’ at the bottom of the posting.
To customize your profile for a specific position or add a cover letter, you must edit your application before applying for a position. When you click Submit your Resume, the information in your profile becomes your electronic application for that position and cannot be changed. If you withdraw from a competition you cannot apply online again, and must contact the Hiring Centre to apply offline.
You may be asked to complete an online questionnaire to show how you meet the job requirements. The questionnaire will consist of multiple choice questions and/or questions that require text answers. Your responses should show how, when and where you obtained the education and experience for the job.
Example 1: radio button multiple choice question
As demonstrated in my resume, my level of education is best described as
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent
- None of the above
Example 2: text sample question
Please describe when, where and how you obtained minimum two years administrative experience in a legal office.
Sample text box answer: I have four years of experience (2012-2016) in a legal office providing secretarial and administrative service to three different solicitors and one paralegal. From January 2012 until December 2015, I worked as a legal secretary at TMC Lawyers LLP. My responsibilities included preparing court forms such as summons and subpoenas, arranging for filing of court documents, balancing attorney billable time and expenses reports, organizing attorney appointment schedules and monitoring court appearance dates and pleadings.
- The questions will be related to your education and experience
- Questionnaires may take 30 to 60 minutes to complete
- The questionnaire will expire after 60 minutes. You may lose information you have entered if you do not submit your responses within 60 minutes
- You can prepare your text responses outside of the system and paste your prepared responses into the online questionnaire when you are ready
- You cannot edit your responses after you submit your application
Because the questionnaire is time-limited, it is recommended to prepare your responses to the questions before submitting them. To view the questionnaire without actually submitting your responses, please do the following:
- Click on “Submit your Resume” (it will not submit your resume automatically)
- Click the “Skip” button to bypass the Cover letter portion
- You are now viewing the questionnaire. You can print it or copy and paste the questionnaire into Word
- On the internet browser, click the “back” button until you reach the posting where you originally clicked on "Submit your Resume"
- Once you have drafted your responses, you can go back in and complete the questionnaire
- Create your online account by choosing the link under ‘Current Job Postings’
- Don't wait until the last minute to apply. Give yourself enough time to update your profile and apply
- Submit an up-to-date profile each time you apply for a position as only your most recent resume profile is kept in the system
- To find out more about a particular ministry you can go to the ministry website from the B.C. government website
- Postings close at 11:59 pm Pacific standard time on the closing date
- Use your online account to track the status of your application and view your past applications (found by choosing Submission History on your Career Centre page)
- Hit Submit your Profile at the bottom of the posting when you are ready to apply
- You will receive an email notification if your application has been successfully submitted
If you accidentally withdraw from a competition you cannot reapply online. You must contact the Hiring Centre prior to the closing date and we will add you manually to the applicant list for the competition.
If you are an employee and forget your password, your IDIR ID allows you to use the system without an additional password. Call 250 387-7000 for IDIR support.
If you are not an employee and forget your password, please go to Current Job Postings and click on External Applicants, Career Centre and then Retrieve my Password. Your information will be emailed to you.
If you are an employee and want to change your contact information, go to Employee Self Service. If you are not an employee and want to change your contact information, go to Current Job Postings and click on External Applicants, Career Centre and then View/edit my resume profile.
Contact the Hiring Centre If any of the following instances occur:
- You receive an error message when applying (please provide details)
- You experience difficulties editing or saving your profile
- You experience difficulty applying for a competition (include the requisition number, ministry name and job title)
- You have multiple accounts and want to delete one. Accounts with application history cannot be deleted