We are currently in a period of fiscal restraint. All staffing and classification requests must be approved by the deputy minister before being submitted to the BC Public Service Agency for processing.
- Deputy minister approval is required for classification requests for all positions, whether vacant or encumbered, management or bargaining unit
- When submitting a classification review, you must advise if the request has the deputy minister’s approval to proceed
- All exclusion requests are forwarded to the union for review/approval as per the exclusion process
- A new excluded position can be filled if you have received approval from your deputy minister, and the union has agreed to the exclusion
- Questions regarding exclusion requests can be submitted through AskMyHR