The PeopleSoft update was successful. If you have cleared your cache and are still experiencing technical difficulties, Contact the BC Public Service Agency.
Updated: September 21, 2020
PeopleSoft is the Corporate Human Resources system administered by the BC Public Service Agency, incorporating payroll, Time and Leave, benefits and HR functions—including Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service.
On Monday, September 21, 2020 we're implementing an update to PeopleSoft—there are some changes to user experience, including look and feel, supervisor tools and navigation.
PeopleSoft will be unavailable Thursday, September 17 (5 pm) until Monday, September 21 (7 am). Review PeopleSoft information (such as paycheque details) before September 17 at 5 pm.
Related support services may also be interrupted during this time.
The PeopleSoft Reporting database will be available Friday, September 18 until 4 pm. Please note the data will be current as of Wednesday, September 16.
What do you need to do?
- If you wish to review your paycheque information for the September 18 payday, it is viewable Tuesday, September 15 until Thursday, September 17 (5 pm).
- After the update on September 21, you'll need to clear your cache before accessing the system.
- Launch Time and Pay to access Employee Self Service or Manager Self Service.
What changes will you notice?
- Improvements to “small screen” compatibility (phones, tablets).
- Manager Dashboard is replaced by Employee Snapshot—featuring a new look and feel, but contains the same information.
- Breadcrumb navigation is no longer available, it's replaced with the navigation bar.
- An announcements function on the homepage of Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service.
What support materials are available?
- New interactive guides to help you become familiar with the upcoming changes to Employee Self Service (ESS) and Manager Self Service (MSS):
- New guide to highlight visual changes in Time and Leave.
- September 15 supervisors were sent a link to an All-Government Supervisors Call outlining the changes to Manager Self Service and providing further details about enhancements to the Employee Snapshot (Manager Dashboard).