Post-implementation discussion questions for flexible work
Last Updated: July 20, 2021
On the page:
A Telework Agreement (DOCX, 95KB) must be signed by you and your supervisor for any flexible work arrangements where the employee is working at home or other location outside of the office.
Ask your supervisor or employee in your regular one-on-one meetings
Add one or two questions to regular team meeting agenda
Use as part of a team meeting scheduled specifically to check in how on a flexible work arrangement is working for the team and brainstorm changes to improve arrangement
Use to generate discussion in an electronic discussion format
Wherever you use these questions, you may find it helpful to make notes (including the date and occasion when you used them) to help you keep track of the ongoing dialogue and any challenges or solutions discovered.
- What benefits have arisen because of the flexible work arrangement?
- What issues in our relationship or in the team have arisen because of flexible work arrangements that we need to work on? What changes do we need to make?
- How well are our expectations about communications, accessibility and trust being met?
- When is the last time we checked in to see on how the flexible work arrangement is going?
- What tips or solutions to issues to improve the flexible work arrangement are working and might benefit others?
- Does something in the Telework Agreement need to be addressed or modified?