Employee & Family Assistance Services
COVID-19 Update: Virtual (video and telephonic) offerings of all EFAS services remain the preferred and recommended method of delivery by Morneau Shepell.
Employee and Family Assistance Services (EFAS) includes a range of services provided by the BC Public Service Agency (the PSA) through a contract with Morneau Shepell.
- Short-term Counselling
- Career Support Services
- Family Support Services
- Financial and Legal Services
- Healthy Living Services
These are free, voluntary services available to everyone, including: auxiliary employees, co-op students, and employees receiving Short Term Illness and Injury Plan or long term disability benefits. Family members who normally reside with an employee can also access these services.
Questions about the collection or use of your personal information can be directed to an HR Service Representative at the BC Public Service Agency by submitting a request through AskMyHR or phoning 1-877-277-0772.
What To Expect When Calling EFAS:
- Select one of the following options:
- Option 1 for individual urgent or crisis assistance
- Option 2 for standard appointment booking or re-booking
- Option 3 for Critical Incident Response (Groups)
- You will be asked a series of questions for the purposes of required reporting, matching your situation to the right service, and security/privacy assurance (such as your mother’s maiden name or date of birth)
- For safety reasons, every caller will be asked a question assessing the possible risk of harm to themselves or others at the beginning of the call
- Counselling is available in multiple forms, including:
- Over the phone
- Via videoconference
- E-counselling via email
- The range of choices and/or the timeliness of these choices may be affected by the nature of the counselling issue, your location, the scheduling availability of the caller, and other caller preferences (such as the gender of the counsellor)
- Your stated choice will be honoured wherever possible
- If you have not received an expected response from a counsellor or service professional within 48 hours, call 1-800-655-5004 to follow up
Please refer to the following resources for an overview of Employee and Family Assistance services: