The BC Performance Standards have been developed by educators for voluntary use in schools. They describe standards and expectations for the following key areas of learning:
Using the BC Performance Standards
Teachers are encouraged to use these guidelines to help:
- Monitor, evaluate and report on individual student performance.
- Identify students who may benefit from intervention.
- Develop group profiles of students for making teaching decisions.
- Start dialogue with parents, students and other teachers about student performance.
- Collaboratively set goals for individual students, classes or schools.
- Inform professional development activities.
- Develop evidence for school growth plans.
- Provide models for designing performance tasks.
- See the four levels of student performance used to assess each student.
Find out how the standards support learning.
Review the four levels of student performance.