Premium Carrier Program Requirements
The Premium Carrier Program is available to carriers that:
- Have a valid business BCeID (apply for a BCeID)
- Have more than 20 B.C. base plated commercial motor vehicles in their fleets
- Have operated continuously in B.C. for at least three years prior to application
- The carrier (and any other carriers associated with the carrier, directors or officers) must have had an excellent, satisfactory or satisfactory-unaudited National Safety Code (NSC) Safety Rating for the past three years.
- The carrier must have a current overall NSC score better than the provincial median score
- None of the carrier's vehicles have been found to have critical defects under the enhanced license plate removal in the last 12 months
- Any two of the following criteria:
- Certificate of Recognition (COR) issued by a recognized WorkSafeBC authorized safety association (copy must be provided)
- Above average WCB (WorkSafeBC) safety record (most recent annual rate notification letter must be submitted)
- ICBC discount of 50% or better (proof of discount must be provided)
Letters of merit from private insurance companies will be considered. Ask your insurance company to submit a letter or equivalent that identifies whether your company has a better than average claims record.
An interview and/or site visit may be required to qualify for this program. Acceptance in this program lasts one year; carriers must re-apply and re-qualify each year.
If carriers do not maintain the membership requirements during the year they may have their status removed. They will then have to re-submit an application and documentation to prove requirements are met.