Westside Road - West Kelowna to Highway 97 North of Vernon
The project involves improvements along the west side of Okanagan Lake from West Kelowna to Highway 97 near O'Keefe Ranch (approximately 65 km).
Existing conditions include minimal shoulder width, inadequate ditch width for drainage and debris catchment, uneven pavement and inadequate room for roadside barrier. Traffic volumes range from 1,500 vehicles per day near Fintry to 4,000 vehicles per day south of Bear Creek Provincial Park (during summer months).
The project has been guided by ongoing community group input from the Westside Road Improvement Committee and Wilson Landing Committee.
$45 million over five years
- Construction (Four Mile Creek to Waterfront Farm)
- Completed (Waterfront Farm to Blue Grouse)
- Investigations and Design (Pine Point to Four Mile Creek)
- Investigations and Design (La Casa to Muir Road)
- Improve reliability
- Shift the alignment to a more stable location
- Protect against steep drops to Okanagan Lake
- Increase road and shoulder width to improve safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- La Casa to Muir Road - Construction starting Fall 2016
- Pine Point to Four Mile Creek - Construction starting Summer 2017
- Four Mile Creek to Waterfront Farm to complete Summer 2017
- Public consultation presentation (PDF, 6MB)
- Improvements map (PDF, 3MB)
- Pine Point to Four Mile Creek Aerial Photo (PDF, 10MB)
- Four Mile Creek to Waterfront Farm Aerial Photo (PDF, 10MB)
- La Casa to Muir Road Aerial Photo (PDF, 6MB)