Highway 1 - Kamloops to Alberta - Public Consultation
On a project by project basis we work with First Nations, local governments, local residents, businesses, and other interested groups to share the projects as they are being developed. The purpose of this consultation is to receive feedback on the specific project designs proposals. As well, consultation sessions were held in 2013 in communities along Highway 1 to gather input on plans to improve the safety and reliability of the route. That feedback, along with technical, financial and policy considerations, is used to set priorities as the Highway 1 Kamloops to Alberta Four-Laning Program progresses.
- Public Engagement Summary Report (PDF, 10MB)
- Public Consultation Presentation (PDF, 7MB)
- Presentation to Sicamous council May 25, 2016 (PDF, 3MB)
Hoffman's Bluff to Jade Mountain
A Public Open House was held on May 31, 2016 in Chase, B.C. for three projects: Hoffman’s Bluff to Chase Creek Road; Chase Creek Road to Chase; and Chase to Jade Mountain.
Six open houses were held during the first three phases of the Kicking Horse Canyon project to present design concepts and obtain public feedback. A community liaison committee met regularly with the project team to discuss work in progress and provide feedback. The committee included representatives from: local governments, emergency services (such as police, fire, ambulance), First Nations, nature and environmental groups, cycling, rafting, commercial trucking, business, tourism, and economic development. The liaison committee will be re-established for Phase 4 of the project.
Following stakeholder input, design changes were made to address private property access. Backage roads that connect to the highway at a new protected T- intersection at Stoney Flats Road will improve safety and allow residents continued access to private property.
- Presentation to Salmon Arm council May 24, 2016 (PDF)
- Public consultation presentation (PDF)
- Map - 30th St. SW to 10th St. SW (PDF, 11MB)
- Map - 1st Ave. SW to 30th St. SW (PDF, 10.8MB)
- Map - 1st Ave. SW to 30th St. SW Reserve Access (PDF, 12.7MB)
- Map - IR3 to 1st Ave. SW (PDF, 7.5MB)
- Flyover video