Eligible Projects - Airport Infrastructure Funding
The British Columbia Air Access Program (BCAAP) considers applications from B.C. public airports under two categories – rehabilitation and new projects.
Rehabilitation of Existing Infrastructure Projects
- Air side safety-related projects will have priority
- BC Air Access Program share will not exceed 75% of eligible project costs
- Projects are to be completed within one year of project approval
New or Expansion of Infrastructure Projects
- Major safety and rehabilitation enhancements or projects that demonstrate significant economic benefits, are supported by a business case and have linkages to provincial strategies
- BC Air Access Program share will not exceed 50% of eligible project costs
- Submissions will be considered for multi-year projects to enable phasing of construction and funding.
- The BC Air Access Program encourages funding partnerships with local, regional and federal governments as well as agencies and private sector organizations.
- For more information regarding third party funding and cost-sharing, see program guidelines.