With more than 3.2 million active drivers in British Columbia, we receive a large number of enquiries each day - many of which concern matters which are actually handled by other agencies. To save you time, before you contact us, please take a moment to see if your enquiry should be directed elsewhere:
- If you are enquiring about your driver’s licence, about vehicle insurance and collision-related claims, driver training, testing and licensing, graduated licensing program (GLP), driver penalty points and traffic offences, driver abstracts, licensing fees or vehicle history information click here to be taken to the website of the Insurance Corporation of BC.
- If you are enquiring about vehicle equipment, signage on roads, or road conditions, click here to be taken to the website of the BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
- If you are enquiring about enhanced enforcement by police of driving laws, click here to be taken to the website of the Police Services Branch of the BC Ministry of Justice.
- If are enquiring about driver medical fitness, driving prohibitions or suspensions, vehicle impoundments, ignition interlock requirements, remedial programs requirements, the driver improvement program, distracted driving, alcohol or drug related driving, motorcycle safety, or other government road safety programs, please contact us to find out how we can assist you.
In order to safeguard the privacy of drivers, we cannot discuss individual driver issues via email. Please phone, fax or mail us if you wish to discuss your personal driving file.
Phone: (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday)
250-387-7747 or toll-free: 1-855-387-7747
PO Box 9254, Stn Prov Govt
Submitting paperwork for review:
- If you are submitting driver medical fitness information, please submit this by mail to the postal address above or by fax to 250-952-6888.
- If you are submitting information which you wish to be considered as part of an appeal or review for an administrative driving prohibition, please submit this by mail to the postal address above or by fax to 250-356-6544.
- If you are submitting information related to the Responsible Driver Program (RDP) or the Ignition Interlock Program (IIP), please submit this by mail to the postal address above or by fax to 250-953-8639.
Please be sure to include your driver’s licence number, your current address, and how we can contact you.