Retroactive Home Owner Grant
The home owner grant may be available retroactively if you qualified last year and didn’t apply.
You may qualify as a homeowner who is:
- Under 65 years of age
- A senior
- A veteran
- A person with disabilities
- Living with a spouse or relative with disabilities
- A spouse or relative of a deceased owner
You can apply for last year’s home owner grant retroactively if you meet the following requirements:
- You qualified for the grant on December 31st of last year
- You’re still the registered owner of the property
An authorized person can apply on your behalf.
Apply for Your Retroactive Grant
Your application must be received by December 31st of the current year to claim last year’s home owner grant. To apply you need to:
- Complete a Retroactive Home Owner Grant Application (FIN 92) (PDF)
- Provide two pieces of documentation to show that the property was your principal residence as of December 31 of last year, such as a B.C. telephone bill, copy of your home insurance policy, pension cheque or bank statement
Submit Your Retroactive Grant Application
Your retroactive home owner grant application must be sent to the municipal or provincial office that sent your property tax notice. You can submit your application using one of the following options:
Mail or Courier
Send your retroactive application and required documentation by mail or courier to the address provided on your property tax notice.
If your property is located in a municipality, you can drop off your completed retroactive application at the location listed on your property tax notice. For more information, contact your municipality.