Orphan Site Reclamation Fund Tax
The orphan site reclamation fund tax provides funding to the Oil and Gas Commission (OGC) for:
- the costs of abandonment and restoration of orphan wells, test holes, production facilities and pipelines
- any costs incurred when the OGC has to seek reimbursement for the costs outlined above
- the OGC’s operational costs directly related to the fund
- compensation paid to land owners on whose land the OGC spends money on an orphan site if:
- the operator has failed to make payments to the land owner under a surface lease, and
- the compensation amounts are within the maximums, conditions and limitations
Oil and natural gas producers are invoiced monthly for the orphan site reclamation fund tax with the OGC Levy for oil production or marketable gas.
|Orphan Site Reclamation Fund Tax|
|Orphan fund tax on oil production
(per cubic metre of oil production)
|Orphan fund tax on marketable gas
(per 1000 cubic metres of marketable gas)
You will receive your monthly invoice (PDF) by email on the scheduled invoice date.
If you change any of your email addresses on file, contact us so we can update your information as soon as possible to ensure you receive your invoice on time.
If your payment is received after the due date, you may be charged a penalty.
If you have any questions or concerns about your invoice, contact us.