National Disaster Mitigation Program Funding
Emergency Management BC (EMBC) is accepting flood mitigation related proposals for the National Disaster Mitigation Program (NDMP) until Aug. 25, 2017, at 4 p.m.
Proposals received by the deadline will be reviewed and assessed to ensure they meet the NDMP eligibility criteria. EMBC will work with applicants to finalize eligible proposals prior to submission to Public Safety Canada (PSC) on Oct. 31, 2017.
Projects approved by PSC will most likely be announced during the Spring of 2018.
Eligible entities interested in submitting a project proposal should:
- Review the program components of the NDMP and the program guidelines to determine if the project is eligible. Note: To apply for stream(s) 2 - 4, eligibility for the previous stream must be met. For example, for a Stream 2 proposal to be considered, the proposal must clearly indicate that requirements for Stream 1 have been met
- For Stream 2 applications, applicants must follow APEGBC’s Flood Mapping in BC professional practice guidelines (PDF)
- Read the NDMP program guidelines as they provide insight into the information/documentation required for project proposals in each project stream
- Complete the NDMP Project Proposal form (under “Resources” at the bottom of the page) and the Risk Assessment Information Template (PDF) if applicable (Streams 2, 3 and 4)
- Submit the proposal and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 25, 2017, at 4 p.m.
If you previously submitted an Expression of Interest during the May 2016 call for proposals and are still interested in pursuing funding, please see the steps above and submit a proposal using the federal template and supporting documentation.
Questions may be directed to the EMBC Disaster Mitigation Program.