Revised Criminal Record Check Process
To help us process applications quickly, please ensure your application is complete before submitting it. Current processing times are 2-3 weeks from when we receive the completed consent form.
On April 7th, 2017 we're changing the criminal record check application process to improve customer service.
You can expect:
- Easier forms with updated instructions
- Faster processing of faxed forms
- Fewer form re-submissions and repayments
Other improvements include:
- Convenient and secure online payment options
- Quicker results for most applicants
- New, dedicated fax line for criminal record checks
- New employee forms can now be emailed
Applications for employees where payment is online will take about two weeks. Please see our forms page for more information.
Volunteer or Draw Down Account Applications
Applications for volunteers or by draw down account holders will take about one week.
Please review the updated form instructions before submitting your criminal record check consent form.
Mailed applications and applications where payment is by cheque, money order or credit card form may take 4-6 weeks. There are no changes being made to the current online services.