Consenting to a Criminal Record Check by Mail or Fax
- If you are going to work with children or vulnerable adults, download the Consent to a Criminal Record Check form (PDF). Review page two to determine which schedule applies to you. If you are uncertain, check with your organization.
- If you are going to volunteer with children or vulnerable adults, download the Consent to a Criminal Record Check for Volunteers (PDF). Note: Criminal record checks for volunteers are free.
- Complete the form.
- Physically sign and date the form.
- If you are submitting a Employee Consent to a Criminal Record Check form, ensure an e-mail is provided so that payment options may be sent. (Note: Criminal record checks for volunteers are free.)
- Children 12-18 years old who live at a child or adult care facility that is licensed under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act are eligible for a fee waiver. Complete the Application for Fee Waiver (PDF) form and submit it with the signed Criminal Record Consent form instead of payment.
- Review the ‘Checklist for Applicants’ on page two to ensure you have provided all the required information.
- Provide the completed form or fee waiver to your organization.
Note: Incomplete applications will be returned with a letter identifying the missing information. Missing information will not be taken over the phone.
- Verify the applicant’s identification using at least one piece of primary identification and at least one piece of secondary identification.
- Review the 'Checklist for Organizations’ on page two of the applicant’s form to ensure the organization’s information is correct.
- Make a copy of the applicant’s completed Consent to a Criminal Record Check form (PDF) or Consent to a Criminal Record Check for Volunteers (PDF) for your files.
- Mail, E-Mail or Fax the original form to the CRRP.
- Maintain records that help you ensure the applicant consents to a new criminal record check every five years.
- Ensure that all employees or volunteers who return to work after a break in service undergo a new criminal record check before they resume their regular duties.
Note: If you fax the applicant’s consent form, print a confirmation receipt from your fax machine. Due to the large volume of forms it receives, the CRRP cannot confirm receipt of faxed consent forms.