Unidentified Cases: Requests for Public Assistance
The British Columbia Coroners Service, in conjunction with municipal police or RCMP, seek your assistance to help identify human remains. Each case presented may include retouched facial photographs, photographs of tattoos and distinguishing physical features and facial reconstructions. These fabricated images may not always resemble the person as they actually appeared during life and should be considered an approximation of their appearance. With your help, we hope to bring some closure to families who are searching for someone.
Only those cases where there is enough information available to the BC Coroners Service to develop a descriptive profile are presented in the database. The database does not contain all such investigations being conducted by the Office of the Chief Coroner. Should you have a query regarding any unidentified human remains investigations, please contact the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) – 1 877 660-5077 or BCCS.SIU@gov.bc.ca.
Link to Database – Canada's Missing
- September 20, 2016 - BC Coroners Service seeks public assistance to identify male found near West Vancouver in 1996
(Case File 1996-0248-0466) shoes and other images
- August 25, 2015 - BC Coroners Service seeks public assistance to identify male found near Boston Bar in 1989
(Case File 1989-0516-0009 images)
- July 22, 2014 - BC Coroners Service seeks public assistance to identify male
- May 13, 2014 - BC Coroners Service seeks public assistance to identify male
(Case File 2014-0304-0018) Facial approximation and other images
- April 8, 2010 – Body found Fraser River south arm (near western foot of Williams Road)
(Case File 2008-278-0587) facial reconstruction and other images