B.C. has many programs, services and resources to help and support Aboriginal people and communities involved with the criminal justice system. This section guides you to some of those services and resources.
Aboriginal Services and Programs
- Native Courtworker and Counselling Association of B.C. - for culturally sensitive Aboriginal services and programs, including court support.
- Aboriginal Organizations & Services - to see a Guide to Aboriginal Organizations and Services in B.C.
- Department of Justice Canada - for web information on Community-Based Justice Fund.
- Justice Education Society - for Aboriginal programs and resources.
- Vancouver Coastal Health (Aboriginal Health Programs and Services) - for culturally safe programs that promote health and wellness of Aboriginal people.
- Vancouver Native Health Society - for medical, counselling and social services.
- ACCESS - Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society - for career and employment services.
- Helping Spirit Lodge Society - for programs, services and resources.
- The Circle of Eagles Lodge Society - for counselling and other support services.
- Métis B.C. Nation - for programs and services.
- Fraser Regional Aboriginal Friendship Centre - for support services that promote health and economic well being of Aboriginal people.
- Warriors Against Violence Society- for counselling and support services.