Resource Road Radio Channel Maps
The B.C. government recommends that those using mobile radios on provincial natural resource roads have the full bank of standard resource road radio channels, programmed in the standard format by commercial radio technicians. It is discouraged to have select channels programmed into mobile radios as channel assignment may change without notice.
In order to implement the standard bank of radio channels, specified areas of the B.C. landbase have been mapped with resource road radio channel assignments. The channels have been distributed across the province to minimize radio interference. Learn how the radio channel assignment maps were developed:
As areas of the province transition to the standard bank of radio channels, it is recommended that users retain previously used frequencies until they are no longer required.
Channel Assignment Maps
The posted channel assignment maps are planning tools. The maps should not be relied upon for appropriate channel selection in the field as in some cases, the channel assignments on the maps have not been implemented on the ground. The radio channel signage in the field will govern over the maps at all times.
Those using mobile radios to communicate location and direction are advised that most resource roads are "radio assisted" where use of mobile radios is not mandatory and as such should drive, at all times, safely according to road and weather conditions and not to solely rely on radio communications.
- Selkirk District (PDF, 7.0MB)
- Rocky Mountain District (PDF, 4.6MB)
- Okanagan Shuswap District (PDF, 10MB)
- Thompson Rivers District (PDF, 12.7MB)
- Quesnel District (PDF, 9.3MB)
- Lillooet TSA of Cascades District (PDF, 4.3MB)
- Merritt TSA of Cascades District (PDF, 3.2MB)
- 100 Mile House District (PDF, 8.7MB)
- Cariboo-Chilcotin District (PDF, 7.2MB)
- Mackenzie District (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Prince George Area of Prince George District (PDF, 9.6MB)
- Robson Valley Area of Prince George District (PDF, 4.3MB)
- Fort St. James Area of Stuart Nechako District (PDF, 6.3MB)
- Vanderhoof Area of Stuart Nechako District (PDF, 6.5MB)
- Nadina District (PDF, 22.9MB)
- Coast Mountain District (PDF, 9.4MB)
- Bulkley & Kispiox TSA of Skeena Stikine District (PDF, 6MB)
- Cassiar TSA of Skeena Stikine District (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Dawson Creek TSA of Peace District (PDF, 17.3MB)
- Fort St. John TSA of Peace District (PDF, 18.4MB)
- Fort Nelson District (PDF, 22.6MB)
The resource road radio channel maps are for information only. Users using mobile radios while communicating location and direction on resource roads must use radio channels and frequencies that are posted. Posted radio channels and frequencies will supersede those on any map.