Christmas Tree Permits

Members of the public who wish to cut a Christmas Tree on Crown land for personal use must have a "Free Use Permit for a Christmas Tree" from each Natural Resource District where they intend to cut, signed by the appropriate District Manager or designate.

Please be aware that some areas of the province may not have Christmas trees available for harvest. In addition, you cannot cut a Christmas tree from, private lands, plantations, research areas, parks, areas adjacent to rivers, streams, lakes or swamps, juvenile-spaced areas and any other areas reserved for a special use.

Choose which location applies to you:

Use this map to explore and choose which location applies to you. Click on your district and a PDF permit will be available for download, or a link will be available to an online form.

Permits Listed by District