Major Project Contacts for the Kootenay/Boundary Region
The Kootenay Boundary region is one of the most diverse regional economies in British Columbia. Mining, tourism and forestry are the main industries in the region.
The region is home to the province’s largest coal mines which produce high-quality metallurgical coal for steel making. The Kootenay Boundary region also has two pulp mills and a large number of sawmills.
- Line Creek Operations Phase 2 Coal Mine
- Cascade Heritage Power Project
- Kootenay West Gypsum Mine
- Fording River – Swift Ridge Coal Mine Expansion
- Baldy Ridge Coal Mine Extension (Elkview Operation)
- Greenhills Coal Mine (Cougar Pit Extension)