Crown Land Use Application

Crown land is available for a wide range of purposes to provide opportunities for sustainable economic development. Applications for land tenures should be made to the FrontCounter BC office nearest you. Applications may be submitted for a variety of uses.

Section 10.1 Closures

Under Section 10.1 of the Land Act the Minister may specify that applications for a variety of reasons as listed in each Ministerial Order will not be accepted.


If your application is located adjacent to a water body, an Upland Owner Consent Letter (PDF) may also be required.

If you have authorized another party to act for you in the processing of your application, you must submit a signed Letter of Agency (PDF).

Related Information

Consulting with First Nations

Consultation with First Nations is an important part of land and resource decision-making.

Find out more about this process

FrontCounter BC

Contact Information

Contact us if you would like more information on Crown land use.

For questions regarding specific files or a proposal about a specific area, please contact FrontCounter BC (see contact info above)

Telephone: 250 387-6730
Fax: 250 356-6791
Land Tenures Branch PO Box 9352 Stn Prov Govt Victoria, BC V8W 9N1
Share Button