B.C. Mine Information
The Ministry of Energy and Mines has collaborated with the B.C. Environmental Assessment Office to develop a new platform to make information on permitted mine sites in British Columbia more accessible. This information includes permits and amendments, inspection reports, and dam safety inspections/reviews for permitted major mines.
Going forward, the design of the web platform will be refined, and information will be added on an ongoing basis. The first phase of development is limited to documents that are currently available electronically.
To date, the following information is available on the B.C. Mine Information website:
- Permits and amendments issued under the Mines Act for major mines that are currently operating or under construction
- Ministry of Energy and Mines inspection reports (2013 onwards) for major mines that are currently operating or under construction
- Dam safety inspections/reviews for permitted major mines (2014 onwards)
In the coming months, the following information will be posted:
- Permits and amendments issued under the Mines Act for all major mines in BC (i.e., closed mines and mines in care and maintenance in addition to those that are currently operating/under construction)
- Annual reclamation reports for permitted major mines
- Documents and reports associated with permit applications for major mines (2013 onwards)