Softwood Lumber Agreement
On October 12, 2006, Canada and the United States implemented the 2006 Softwood Lumber Agreement. This agreement was extended in 2012. This agreement ends the costly litigation, secures the return to Canadian companies of the bulk of the duties paid to date, and provides some certainty for softwood lumber trade in the future.
The links below give further information and updates on various topics related to the 2006 Softwood Lumber Agreement. Please check the federal government website for additional updates and announcements.
Softwood Lumber Information
- Two- Year Extension to the 2006 Canada-United States Softwood Lumber Agreement
- Key Elements
- Surge & Export Charge Rate Monitoring:
- Dispute Resolution
- Legal Documents
- Notices to Exporters
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Remanufacturer Re-Certification
- Region of Origin
- Federal Websites and Contact Information