The U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) is conducting its countervailing duty (CVD) investigation on a company-specific basis with Canfor, Resolute, Tolko, West Fraser and Irving as the respondents.
In its April 25, 2017, Company Exclusions Memorandum, the U.S. Department of Commerce claimed that they do not have the legal authority to conduct a company exclusions process in a company-specific case.
- April 25, 2017: Government of Canada's explanation on company exclusions process
- April 25, 2017: U.S. Department of Commerce issued a memorandum regarding company exclusions process
- March 29, 2017: Government of Canada's proposal to the U.S. Department of Commerce for company exclusions
- Government of Canada Letter (March 29, 2017)
- March 6, 2017: Government of B.C. submitted a letter to the U.S. Department of Commerce in support of a company exclusion process
- Government of British Columbia Letter (March 6, 2017)
Government of Canada Contact Information:
British Columbia's contact for inquiries is:
- Nick Crisp, Company Exclusions Advisor
- Tel: 250 387-1352
- Email: Nick.Crisp@gov.bc.ca