The Round 3 intake of the Community Energy Leadership Program (CELP)
For this round a total allotment of $550,000 is available to fund projects. Contributions will range from $25,000 to $175,000 per proponent. A maximum of two larger-scale projects (i.e. $125,000 to $175,000) will be awarded in this round.
The Request for Expressions of Interest period for Round 3 has now closed, and selected projects have been invited to submit a detailed Program Application for this Round. Only applicants who were invited to submit full applications will be reviewed for funding under Round 3.
Please click here for eligibility requirements
CELP Selection Criteria
Projects will be evaluated based on how well the project meets the overall CELP program objectives of supporting government’s energy, economic, environmental and greenhouse gas reduction priorities and advancing British Columbia’s clean technology sector.
In addition, projects will be assessed based on funding value/need/history, innovation, community leadership, regional distribution, and diversity of technologies supported within the CELP portfolio:
For renewable energy projects, the following criteria will also be considered:
- Provides dependable capacity in the energy system;
- Provides energy at times that match the greatest system needs;
- Promotes fuel switching to clean energy resources; or
- Generates clean or renewable electricity in remote communities.
For energy efficiency projects, the following criteria will also be considered:
- Significant GHG emission reductions anticipated;
- Significant energy savings anticipated;
- Stimulates the development and introduction of technologies and designs that increase energy efficiency; and
- Contributes to a market transformation towards higher efficiency technologies and designs.