Community Energy Leadership Program
The Community Energy Leadership Program (CELP) was established in 2015 to support local government and First Nations investments in energy efficiency and clean energy projects.
The main goals of the program are:
- To reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Increase energy efficiency
- Stimulate economic activity in the clean energy sector
- Support vibrant and resilient communities
Good for Communities, Business and the Environment
CELP Funding will:
- Support new community energy partnerships, encouraging investments in small-scale community-owned energy generation from clean or renewable resources such as biomass, biogas, geothermal heat, hydro, solar, ocean or wind.
- Encourage energy efficiency through retrofits of community-owned buildings and related infrastructure.
- Promote community projects and partnerships with industry that advance this growing sector of the provincial economy.
Funding for the Community Energy Leadership Program was established through the Provinces Innovative Clean Energy Fund.
The Community Energy Leadership Program was designed in accordance with, and to advance, the goals and objectives of: