Community Energy Solutions
Communities play a big part in efficient and sustainable energy use and supply. Community leadership in energy planning, energy efficiency, and clean energy is necessary to meet our province’s future energy needs and achieve a vision for a low carbon economy.
Community energy solutions are happening across the province from remote villages to mid-sized rural towns to large cities. These solutions can apply to new developments, existing neighborhoods and even whole regions and can bring considerable benefits to British Columbians, including:
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- New jobs and economic development opportunities
- Cleaner environment
- Reduced energy costs
- Increased use of local or community-owned clean energy sources
- Efficient and reliable energy systems
- Improved quality of life
- Improved air quality
In partnership with local governments and First Nations, we are working on projects designed to develop and share innovative energy solutions and create sustainable communities:
- First Nations Energy Efficiency Building Policy Program (FNEEBP)
- Community Energy Leadership Program (CELP)
- Community Energy Resources
- What you can do as a Community?