The transportation industry is heavily focused on infrastructure creation and maintenance. Infrastructure can include highways, bridges, culverting, electrical, retaining walls and line painting.
- Engineering Standards and Guidelines for Transportation Infrastructure
Policies, specifications, standards and guidelines to be followed in the development of transportation infrastructure in British Columbia.
- Hired Equipment Program
The Hired Equipment program also allows operators to hire equipment out to the transportation ministry for day labour and emergency projects.
- Building B.C.'s Transportation Infrastructure
Consultants, construction contractors and suppliers help build and maintain B.C.’s highways, bridges and other transportation infrastructure including airports, rail and ferries. The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure contracts with experts in the following areas.
- Professional & Advisory Services
- Highway & Bridge Construction
- Highway & Bridge Maintenance
- Supply of Equipment & Goods